This new entry-level member of the Manufacturing Assembly Team will contribute to the production of microwave receivers for government and military applications with a clear focus and the attention necessary in a micro-electronic soldering ESD safe work environment.
This position requires experience with electronics, hand tools, excellent hand-eye coordination, and the ability to read and assemble from engineering drawings. Qualified candidates will be detail oriented with an obsession toward quality, along with a solid desire to learn from others with more experience.
- Excel with simple hand tools and machinery as a professional assembler.
- Exceptionally proficient with surface mount soldering skills.
- Required to use a microscope for extended periods of time.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and safety protocol.
- Assemble at the component and integrated system level.
- Read and accurately build to schematics and engineering drawings.
- Conserve resources and supplies to facilitate minimum waste.
- Perform equipment maintenance and auxiliary shop duties as instructed.
- Familiarize yourself with the tools, instrumentation and calibration equipment as necessary.
- Determine the location, position, accuracy of fit, conformity to contour of parts and assemblies by executing to assembly prints.
- Experience using basic test tools such as a multimeter is a plus.
- Durable and self-reliant in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates proficiency in computer-based applications.
Experience with any or all of the following:
- Surface mount soldering
- Using semi-automatic pick & place machine
- Build harnesses
- Build ribbon cables
- Build flex coax cables
- Build semi-rigid cables
- Build RF cables
- Build modules
- Build chassis
- Feed-through soldering
- Take ownership and demonstrate quality-focused workmanship.
- Ability to review and interpret technical data packages for electronic assemblies
- Aptitude to take instruction and professional advice.
- Foster and maintain professional and productive relationships with peers.
- IPC-A-610 or J-STD-001 trained and certified is a plus.
- ESD Awareness
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Minimum of 2 years of Electronics Assembler experience (Preferred)
- Minimum of 1 year of Surface mount soldering and Feedthrough soldering experience or training.
- Must be able to read, write and count
- Acceptable visual acuity and hand-eye coordination
- While performing these duties, the employee is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time, reach with hand and arm, and talk or hear.
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
EOE, including disability/vets.
To apply for this job email your details to Rebecca.Yarrison@irf-solutions.com