Operational, Financial and Business analytics is a key focus for the company to definitively and accurately capture, measure and report operational data for sr. leadership and management to make fact-based financial decisions. The goal of analyzing data and processes is to derive new insights that drive more informed decisions and bridge the gap between finance and operations to effectively increase profits by decreasing inefficiencies.
The Financial Business Analyst will be a key contributor in helping the company achieve integrated business planning that supports enterprise decision making and aligns the corporate initiatives to operations effectiveness and financial performance. The position will use a wide range of techniques and processes to collect, classify, document, trend, forecast and report key relationships utilizing our ERP, standard operating procedures and SharePoint sites.
This position will assist the CFO and Operational leadership in managing and documenting all operational and financial metrics, budget preparation, project management and all aspects of the SOP document control and approval system and processes. Support the communication and training of various teams. Assist departmental subject matter experts (SMEs) to document/draft operational processes and develop workflows. The company defines standard operating procedures (SOP) as a set of instructions compiled to help workers carry out complex routine operations aimed to achieve efficiency, quality output and uniformity of performance, while reducing miscommunication and failure to comply with company initiatives and/or industry regulations.
Using the knowledge, data analysis, metrics and information collected in development of the SOPs and documentation the candidate will recommend key performance indicators (KPIs) and work with executive management to interpret, implement, and report. Executive management will use the data to discuss strategic direction setting, prioritizing areas for improvement and encourage best practice change management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Proven business analysis skills set: requirement definition, business process mapping, problem solving, data analysis, metrics reporting.
- Strong partnership record and ability to build effective business relationships required to leverage parts of the organization as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group
- Ability to communicate and resolve issues in a direct and concise manner with poise and tact
- Detail oriented and have a solid understanding of financial statements, integrated financial systems and project management.
- Ability to identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts and circumstances and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong ability to reason through processes and challenge inconsistencies and processes that do not optimize business objectives within scope and/or timeline.
- Support the overall Company’s strategic objectives.
- Must have extensive business analysis or project management experience within a finance environment/department
- Business analysis or project management certifications are a strong plus (PMP, PBA, or IIBA, etc.)
- Strong data mining skills are a must
- Expert/Advanced level in MS Excel
- Intermediate/Advanced SQL skills required
- Experience with SharePoint needed
- Degree in Finance/Accounting preferred; an MBA highly preferred
- The discipline of documentation throughout each project to remain on course and on time
- The technical expertise to connect to more efficiencies within the company’s network and systems
- Epicor experience is a plus
- Must provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Must be able to pass a drug test
EOE, including disability/vets.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.localjobnetwork.com.