iRF supports global defense and intelligence missions with custom developed and designed solutions for SIGINT and EW missions. We understand the challenges our customer’s face, and with our experience, skills, and specialized knowledge, we craft custom solutions for those challenges. We’re more than a vendor; we’re your problem-solving partner. Our greatest assets are our solid foundation in the SIGINT sector, our flexibility, and our spirit of collaboration.
As we move forward in 2021, iRF’s has two opportunities in Mechanical Engineering, one in the role of Mechanical Engineer and another in the role of Mechanical Engineering Lead. If you are considering a move and looking to combine your extraordinary talents and experience with some of the best and brightest minds in the RF industry, continue reading.
The Mechanical Engineering Lead will direct the mechanical and electromechanical aspects of the development of state-of-the-art, miniature microwave receivers for government and military applications as both a leader and contributor. This position requires the ability to understand and interpret product-level requirements and manage a small team of Mechanical and Electromechanical Engineering professionals to develop solutions that meet these requirements while adhering to agreed-upon cost and schedule targets.
- Function as the Chief Mechanical Engineer, exhibiting good design judgment and a breadth of knowledge in mechanical design, thermal analysis, metallurgy and strength/properties of materials, serving as subject matter expert
- As a leader, direct the Mechanical Engineering group in working with senior Engineering staff to design, build, test, and deliver fully-realized product designs
- As an individual contributor, develop mechanical system/subsystem implementations for variety of sophisticated mechanical products that perform complex electrical functions, and play a key role in their integration
- Identify technical risk in development activities and formulate strategies to mitigate risk for self and for other Mechanical Engineering resources.
- As a management peer, combine forces with other engineering disciplines in system and subsystem level product designs that are best-in-class
- Leads and supervises mechanical engineers and support staff
- Develop and deliver review materials that communicate design plans to group
- Provide technical support and estimates for sales and marketing activities
- Understand and comply with iRF engineering policies and processes
- Support corporate initiatives and flow down initiatives as directed
- ESD Awareness
- Must be a US citizen
- Must have the ability to obtain a security clearance
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Minimum BSME and 10 to 15 years experience in CAD and Mechanical Engineering
- Must have a minimum or 3 years experience leading a small team of Mechanical Engineering resources
- Must have advanced knowledge of SolidWorks 3D and PDM and serve as PDM Manager
- Must understand thermal analysis and finite element analysis
- Must have the ability to develop and grow resources and to ensure that the group produces clear and concise documentation, design review materials, and detailed fabrication drawings
- This individual must be hands-on, decisive, a natural leader and able to get things done in an entrepreneurial environment
- Candidate should be familiar with common development tools including AutoCAD, MS Office, Visio, and documentation configuration management/version control
- Experience with DoD product development a plus
- Experience with PADS PCB layout a plus
- Experience with design of RF/microwave products is a plus
- Familiarity with VME and VPX platforms a plus
This position is onsite in Sparks, Maryland.
To apply for this job email your details to Rebecca.Yarrison@irf-solutions.com