Website IRF Intelligent RF Solutions, LLC
iRF supports global defense and intelligence missions with custom developed and designed solutions for SIGINT and EW missions. We understand the challenges our customer’s face, and with our experience, skills, and specialized knowledge, we craft custom solutions for those challenges. We’re more than a vendor; we’re your problem-solving partner. Our greatest assets are our solid foundation in the SIGINT sector, our flexibility, and our spirit of collaboration.
As we move forward in 2021, iRF’s has two unique opportunities for the role of Senior RF Design Engineer. If you are considering a move and looking to combine your extraordinary talents and experience with some of the best and brightest minds in the RF industry, continue reading.
- Lead the development of state-of-the-art, miniature microwave receivers for government and military applications.
- Perform top level requirements analysis and design of system architecture, including frequency plan, cascade analysis, and development of specifications for sub-assemblies.
- Circuit design experience in the area of RF/microwave circuit miniaturization is critical in this role, with a history of designing RF circuitry with low noise figure, low phase noise, as well as very good 2nd and 3rd order intercepts.
- Top level system technical design of RF/microwave receivers as well as individual circuit designs
- Project engineering, providing technical guidance to project team members
- Will have specific product and project management responsibilities
- Regularly interfaces with customers, and contributes ideas to new product development and IR&D
- Functional subassemblies of wideband microwave receivers including detailed design of RF/IF Frequency Converters, IF Filtering and Amplification, AGC Loops, AM/Log Detectors, FM Demodulators, Frequency Synthesizers (PLL and Hybrid), Lumped Element and Active Filters, A/D and D/A Converters, Op amp Circuits and Power Supplies. Familiarity with Group Delay Equalization, Image Canceling Mixers, Spectral Display Generation, and YIG Oscillator/Filter Control
- Generation of technical proposals and white papers to support sales and marketing activities
- Support Corporate initiatives and flow down initiatives as directed
- ESD Awareness
- Other duties as required
- Must be US citizen and have the ability to obtain security clearance
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- At a minimum, a BSEE and 10+ years of related experience in the area of microwave receiver design.
- Be familiar with the specification and selection of receiver key components including microwave amplifiers, mixers, filters, YIG devices and frequency synthesizers.
- Experience in the area of high-speed digitization and a working knowledge of application of DSP techniques or digital radio concepts is highly desired.
- History of designing RF circuitry with low noise figure, low phase noise, as well as very good 2nd and 3rd order intercepts.
- Knowledge of specification tradeoffs a must, i.e., how achieving better numbers in one specification may require a degradation of another specification (RF attenuation may yield better SFDR at a cost of NF, etc.)
- An individual with high degree of technical competence and good interpersonal skills will provide individual technical contributions as well as technical leadership and guidance to other project team engineers.
- This individual must be hands-on, and able to get things done in a small company environment.
- The candidate should possess leadership qualities and be able to work well with and lead a diverse group of engineering disciplines.
- Candidate should be familiar with computer design tools including Microwave Office, MATLAB, PSPICE, or other tools
- Organizational Awareness
- RF Expertise
- Project Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Ethical Practice
- Sense of Urgency
To apply for this job email your details to Rebecca.Yarrison@irf-solutions.com