The Principal RF Design Engineer will help lead the development of state-of-the-art, miniature microwave receivers for government and military applications. This position requires the ability to perform top level requirements analysis and design of system architecture, including frequency plan, cascade analysis, and development of specifications for sub-assemblies.
- Generation of technical proposals and white papers
- Top level system technical design
- Project engineering, providing technical guidance to project team members and individual circuit design.
- Will have specific product and project responsibilities
- Provide technical support for sales and marketing activities
- Often interface with customers, and will contribute ideas to new product development and IR&D
- Functional subassemblies of wideband microwave receivers including detailed design of RF/IF Frequency Converters, IF Filtering and Amplification, AGC Loops, AM/Log Detectors, FM Demodulators, Frequency Synthesizers (PLL and Hybrid), Lumped Element and Active Filters, A/D and D/A Converters, Op amp Circuits and Power Supplies. Familiarity with Group Delay Equalization, Image Canceling Mixers, Spectral Display Generation, and YIG Oscillator/Filter Control
- Support Corporate initiatives and flow down initiatives as directed
- ESD Awareness
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be US citizen and have the ability to obtain security clearance
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- At a minimum, a BSEE and 10+ years of related experience in the area of microwave receiver design.
- Be familiar with the specification and selection of receiver key components including microwave amplifiers, mixers, filters, YIG devices and frequency synthesizers.
- Design experience in the area of RF/ microwave circuit miniaturization is critical.
- Experience in the area of high-speed digitization and a working knowledge of application of DSP techniques or digital radio concepts is highly desired.
- History of designing RF circuitry with low noise figure, low phase noise, as well as very good 2nd and 3rd order intercepts.
- Knowledge of specification trade offs a must, i.e., how achieving better numbers in one specification may require a degradation of another specification (RF attenuation may yield better SFDR at a cost of NF, etc.)
- An individual with high degree of technical competence and good interpersonal skills will provide individual technical contributions as well as technical leadership and guidance to other project team engineers.
- This individual must be hands-on, and able to get things done in a small company environment.
- The candidate should possess leadership qualities and be able to work well with and lead a diverse group of engineering disciplines.
- Candidate should be familiar with computer design tools including Keysight Genesys, Microwave Office, OrCad, MATLAB, PSPICE, or other tools
EOE, including disability/vets.
To apply for this job email your details to Rebecca.Yarrison@irf-solutions.com