The Principal RF/Microwave Design Engineer will provide technical expertise in the design and development of state-of-the-art, RF/microwave receivers, frequency-converters and related products for SIGINT, EW and radar applications. This position requires experience in design of RF/MW circuitry through at least 18GHz using SMT components on PCB substrates. The successful candidate must have experience performing top-level requirements analysis and design of system architecture, allocate functional requirements for sub-assemblies.
- Individual RF/MW design contributor and lead engineer for key design projects
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to more junior team members
- Make technical presentations to customers to support design review requirements
- Will provide technical support for Business Development activities including white papers and technical proposals
- Candidate must have hands-on design experience in PCB-based design of RF/MW circuitry supporting receivers and frequency converters to 18GHz and beyond. Wide bandwidth, high dynamic range, super-het receiver design experience is desired. Additionally, experience in mmW frequency range design, wideband digitization, and low SWaP design is helpful.
- Candidate must be well-versed in receiver/frequency converter system design, including frequency planning and spur analysis, RF/MW filter technologies, cascade GNIP analysis, MW mixers, frequency generation using PLL ICs, and design trade-offs.
- At a minimum, a BSEE and 10+ years of related experience in the area of RF/microwave circuit design.
- An individual with high degree of technical competence and good interpersonal skills will provide individual technical contributions as well as technical leadership and guidance to other project team engineers.
- The candidate should possess leadership qualities and be able to work well with and lead a diverse group of engineering disciplines.
- Candidate should be familiar with computer design tools including Keysight Genesys, OrCad, MATLAB, PSPICE, or other tools.
- Must be US citizen and have the ability to obtain security clearance
- Must be able to pass a drug test
EOE, including disability/vets.
To apply for this job email your details to Rebecca.Yarrison@irf-solutions.com