The goal of this position is to provide support to the Financial Lead and finance team by preparing schedules, posting entries, reconciling accounts, analyzing data and business processes looking for insights and data markers that help leadership make informed decisions and effectively increase profits by decreasing inefficiencies.
- Assist with review of projects setup, accounts, jobs, expenses, budgets and costs to complete.
- Assist with review and report monthly project roll up costs and profitability to the program manager’s and leadership team.
- Participate in month-end closing, preparing periodic reporting schedules and disclosures for monthly, quarterly, and year-end review and audit processes.
- Analyze, research, and help to resolve issues with subledger transactional data for proper coding and posting to the general ledger.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to source data and research discrepancies through to timely resolution of financial statements ensuring costs are allocated in accordance with accounting policies.
- Maintain various account schedules including prepaids, accruals, payroll taxes, deferred revenue, fixed assets, and others as needed.
- Assist in budget forecast preparation.
- Assist Financial Lead in analysis, research and report general ledger account budget to actual variances.
- Maintain training and knowledge of GAAP and other compliance related practices including Revenue Recognition ASU 606 and Lease Accounting ASU 842.
- Assist in identifying processes and internal controls improvements and work with management to develop and implement solutions.
- Prepare and analyze cost reports analyzing job and inventory cost elements for accurate inventory valuation and financial reporting.
- Support year end audit by preparing audit schedules for review timely and accurately.
- Support and collaborate with finance team and other departments.
- Quality control—demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors work to ensure quality.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Must demonstrate meticulous attention to detail, initiative, and follow-through; must be highly organized and able to perform tasks with high degree of accuracy, efficiency, transparency, timeliness, and accountability.
- Progressively responsible accounting experience and strong technical accounting skills (GAAP)
- MS Excel Skills a must
- Experience with Epicor and/or SharePoint is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with at least 5 years directly related experience, project/job cost and revenue recognition is a plus.
- Manufacturing company experience a plus.
- Multi-Entity intercompany experience a plus.
- Must provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
This is a full-time weekday role with a 9/80 schedule (every other Friday OFF) with a competitive benefits package.
EOE, including disability/vets.
To apply for this job email your details to Rebecca.Yarrison@irf-solutions.com