Evaluates manufacturing processes by: applying knowledge of process design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, materials, conferring with equipment vendors and liaising between Manufacturing Operators and Engineering staff. The Manufacturing Engineer will develop procedures, methods, and tools for assembly for the iRF electronic and RF/Microwave products. Responsibilities include technical oversight of production processes, commissioning manufacturing equipment, validating testing activities for RF/Microwave products, and analysis of integrated measurement systems.
Continuous Improvement – Relative to product, process, and quality systems – this includes the identification of a defective material or process. Additionally, initiation and ownership of corrective action processes.
Manufacturability – This requires an expert in the production of sophisticated integrated microwave assemblies. Charged with researching and developing methods to implement design, build-plans, and shipment of high reliability products. This role optimizes the use of manufacturing equipment and maximizes production efficiency.
This role requires confidence and in-depth mechanical and electrical problem-solving expertise to implement continuous improvement strategies for manufacturing. The foremost goals are cost savings and product integrity.
The Manufacturing Engineer position works collectively with other functional groups including Production, Process Engineering, Design Engineering, Quality, and Customer Service.
- Exercises process control over fabrication of PCBs and CCAs, exhibiting continuous improvement, using state-of-the-art Manufacturing methodologies.
- Exhibit an increasing understanding of the parametric RF tests utilized by iRF to determine acceptance and the significance of the results in terms of test margin.
- Garners knowledge of RF, Digital and Analog components for CCAs.
- Interfaces with Senior Design Engineers and will contribute conceptual ideas to the development new or modified state-of-the-art, high-density PCBs and CCAs.
- Participates in PCB vendor qualification, selection, and management.
- Expected to travel (as permitted) to vendors for oversight and relationship development.
- Drives product documentation completion through all departments to completion.
- Monitor supplier performance and make recommendations for supplier selection.
- Research manufacturing processes for sophisticated electronic assemblies and apply knowledge of processes to maximize first-pass yield.
- Participate in the analysis of supply chain risk.
- Support the transition to Production process and new product launches.
- Reviews, diagnoses, and solves daily problems interfering with manufacturing operations.
- This ensures manufacturing processes are operating according to work instructions, SOP’s and test specifications.
- Reviews project specifications and drawings to ascertain that test procedures, objectives and test equipment are appropriate for meeting production goals.
- Sets-up and conducts tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate improving equipment performance or other factors, such as data mining for development, standardization, and quality control.
- Initiate and lead cost savings efforts to identify new practices and procedures.
- Utilize Lean, 5S, Root Cause, or Value Stream Mapping methodologies to drive process improvements.
- Recommend, justify, and manage capital equipment projects that improve safety, process repeatability/reliability, and productivity.
- Analyze manufacturing costs for new and existing products in support of make vs. buy decisions, component costing, and facilities planning.
- Perform time and motion studies to optimize processes, while creating and maintaining accurate product routings and labor standards.
- Develop, document, and execute manufacturing processes.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects that support the Lean Manufacturing methodology such as scrap reduction and minimizing inefficiency.
- Support Quality team on investigation and corrective action for product quality issues.
- Provide board panelization inputs and reviews of bare PCB manufacturing requirements.
- Set-up and document operational procedures for equipment and special processes.
- Perform audits to manufacturing processes and work closely with the quality team members.
- Investigate quality failures and facilitate process improvements to improve first-pass yields.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be US citizen and have the ability obtain a security clearance.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- BSEE with 2~5 years of experience in industry or AAS plus 10 years
- Must have Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel skill set.
- MRP (Epicor) 9.0 experience is a plus.
- Experience with PCB fabrications and Circuit Card Assemblies required.
- Must have experience with, and knowledge of electronic components.
- Experience in utilizing best practices in inventory management a plus.
- Requires interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with co-workers in a team environment.
- Knowledge of manual/automated RF testing & test parameters.
- Hands-on, decisive, and able to get things done in a growing company environment.
- Excellent Verbal & Written communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Quality or Engineering (Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical). Would consider a technical Associates degree with the right combination of experience.
- Must have a high sense of urgency in completing projects and getting tasks done.
- Must be highly organized with excellent Project Management Skills
- Poised, Prepared, organized, detail-oriented, and good at communication.
- Implement engineering tests, collect data, analyze, and compile reports on manufacturing processes.
- Develop and validate improvements on a range of processes.
- Develop and implement quality control techniques.
- Write and maintain Standard Operating Procedures.
- Utilizes analytical troubleshooting and problem-solving methodologies.
- Willingness to learn new skills and acquire training as needed.
- Ability to champion products and projects as they transition into a pre-production and production environment.
- Solid Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of design processes.
EOE, including disability/vets.