As part of iRF’s extraordinary growth in providing unique RF equipment and technical solutions to our growing customer base, we have a new opportunity for an experienced Senior-level RF Electronics Technician.
If you are considering a move and looking to combine your talents and experience with some of the best and brightest minds in the RF industry, continue reading.
- Performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including sub-assembly and product final assembly, calibration and test. Works with engineers to provide a definition of test set-up and calibration tasks.
- Performs rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, sub-assemblies, and final assemblies.
- Utilizes automated test programs to evaluate product performance against specifications and to collect data demonstrating product performance.
- Reviews data and makes adjustments to the product ‘select at test’ components to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Utilizes a variety of test equipment including oscilloscopes, signal generators, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, drawings, schematics and operating or repair manuals.
- Debugs/Rebuilds manufacturing/test equipment as required.
- May perform product modifications as directed by manufacturing/test engineers.
- RF experience to 20 GHz. to 40 GHz. desired
- Set up test apparatus and conduct tests of production assemblies and units following methods, procedures, and standards
- Adjust and calibrate systems as needed. Modify product assemblies by adding, removing, or altering components as defined by predetermined diagrams and schematics.
- Troubleshooting down to the component level
- Correct malfunctions by making adjustments or replacing parts or components
- Compiles and records test results. Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process.
- Works with engineers in conducting experiments.
- ESD Awareness
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a US Citizen
- 5+ years of experience with some formal training
- Must have a solid understanding and working knowledge of RF test equipment such as Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, RF generators, digital oscilloscopes, frequency meters, and Power meters.
- Analog and digital troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read schematic diagrams and other engineering documentation required
- Able to do solder rework using a microscope
- Good soldering techniques
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Team-oriented attitude
- Previous experience with LabView and ability to write ATE programs to control Test equipment and receivers a huge plus.