iRF’s RF Engineering Group is continuing to grow. We added to the team in 2021 and are looking to do so again in 2022 with a Senior Radio Frequency Engineer or Principal RF Engineer. If you are considering a move and looking to combine your extraordinary talents and experience with many of the best and brightest minds in the RF industry, continue reading.
- Lead the development of state-of-the-art, miniature microwave receivers for government and military applications.
- Perform top level requirements analysis and design of system architecture, including frequency plan, cascade analysis, and development of specifications for sub-assemblies.
- Circuit design experience in the area of RF/microwave circuit miniaturization is critical in this role, with a history of designing RF circuitry with low noise figure, low phase noise, as well as very good 2nd and 3rd order intercepts.
- Top level system technical design of RF/microwave receivers as well as individual circuit designs
- Project engineering, providing technical guidance to project team members
- Will have specific product and project management responsibilities
- Regularly interfaces with customers, and contributes ideas to new product development and IR&D
- Functional subassemblies of wideband microwave receivers including detailed design of RF/IF Frequency Converters, IF Filtering and Amplification, AGC Loops, AM/Log Detectors, FM Demodulators, Frequency Synthesizers (PLL and Hybrid), Lumped Element and Active Filters, A/D and D/A Converters, Op amp Circuits and Power Supplies. Familiarity with Group Delay Equalization, Image Canceling Mixers, Spectral Display Generation, and YIG Oscillator/Filter Control
- Generation of technical proposals and white papers to support sales and marketing activities
- Support Corporate initiatives and flow down initiatives as directed
- ESD Awareness
- Other duties as required
- Be familiar with the specification and selection of receiver key components including microwave amplifiers, mixers, filters, YIG devices and frequency synthesizers.
- Experience in the area of high-speed digitization and a working knowledge of application of DSP techniques or digital radio concepts is highly desired.
- History of designing RF circuitry with low noise figure, low phase noise, as well as very good 2nd and 3rd order intercepts.
- Knowledge of specification tradeoffs a must, i.e., how achieving better numbers in one specification may require a degradation of another specification (RF attenuation may yield better SFDR at a cost of NF, etc.)
- An individual with high degree of technical competence and good interpersonal skills will provide individual technical contributions as well as technical leadership and guidance to other project team engineers.
- This individual must be hands-on, and able to get things done in a small company environment.
- The candidate should possess leadership qualities and be able to work well with and lead a diverse group of engineering disciplines.
- Candidate should be familiar with computer design tools including Microwave Office, MATLAB, PSPICE, or other tools
- At a minimum, a BSEE and 10+ years of related experience in the area of microwave receiver design.
- Must be US citizen and have the ability to obtain security clearance
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Organizational Awareness
- RF Expertise
- Project Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Ethical Practice
- Sense of Urgency
EOE, including disability/vets.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.localjobnetwork.com.